After losing his battle to cancer last week, Malcolm McLaren's girlfriend Young Kim believes the cancer was caused by the asbestos in the ceiling of his London store, Sex.
Malcolm suffered from mesothelioma, which is often connected with asbestos exposure. Kim reveals:
"It was board asbestos. When Malcolm created Sex he broke open the ceiling to make it look like a bomb had hit it. There was a lot of it left and I don't think anyone really did anything about it. I always suspected that shop because it was the only place Malcolm ever really spent any serious length of time in, and there was a lot of construction and changing things."
She's also worried that Vivienne Westwood may have come in contact with the asbestos as she also worked at the store.
However, their son Joe Corre insists Malcolm was never in contact with the harmful particles.
Either way, it's still sad.
[Image via Getty Images.]
Tags: asbestos, joe corre, malcom mclaren, mesothelioma, sex, young kim