When we think of Michael Kors, the word “cook” doesn’t really come to mind. But the designer didn’t let that stop him from appearing on Martha Stewart’s show.
The two spoke fashion, food, and business during the clip.
And as a special treat, Kors showed the audience how to make his special Grandma Bea's pineapple upside-down cake.
Check it out above.
Then check out his delicious recipe for pineapple upside-down cake after the jump.
1 (20.5-ounce) can pineapple rings in juice
3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Drain pineapple rings and discard juice. Place pineapple on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain, turning once, for 5 minutes.
3. Melt 6 tablespoons butter and transfer to a 9-inch round cake pan to evenly coat bottom; sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of cake pan and top with an even layer of pineapple rings and pecans, if using. Set prepared cake pan aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla until well combined; set aside.
5. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat remaining 6 tablespoons butter with granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture alternating with egg mixture; beat until batter is just combined.
6. Pour batter in prepared cake pan and transfer to oven. Cook until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Run a small sharp knife around edge of pan to release cake. Place a plate on top of cake pan and invert cake onto plate; serve.
But after the model of the moment made her MFW debut at the Fendi show and rocked a sheer ensem on the Ports 1961 runway, Kendall continued her hot streak with THREE more shows over the weekend.
As we mentioned earlier, the 18-year-old proudly closed out the Dolce & Gabbana show front and center on Sunday -- but only after strutting her stuff in a seXXXy black and red frock with matching boots!
And on Saturday, Miz Jenner stayed busy by walking two other very important catwalks. She looked beauteous in black for Bottega Veneta, and maxed out in a maxi dress for Emilio Pucci.