If you dye your hair at home you might be in for a surprise. That is if you use Procter & Gamble’s Clairol Natural Instincts
P&G has voluntarily recalled 10 shades of their hair dyes after some users experienced side effects causing their hair color to change.
The culprit seems to be the “Week 2 ColorFresh! Revitalizer” which is applied to your hair two weeks after the initial color and is intended to boost the hair’s shade.
Unfortunately the packets were mismatch in 10 of their coloring kits.
For those who have been affected, P&G is going above and beyond, offering consumers full refunds and providing “color assistance” service by calling in.
All the necessary information can be found at www.clairol.com/alert and check out after the jump for the full list of the affected color kits.
Clairol expects the affected shades to be corrected and back on shelves by May 2011.
The recalled shades are:
- Natural Instincts Shade 16 Light Auburn (Spiced Tea)
- Natural Instincts Shade 35 Brown Black (Ebony Mocha)
- Natural Instincts Creme Shade 03G Light Golden Blonde (Honey Creme)
- Natural Instincts Creme Shade 7.5 Dark Blonde (Maple Creme)
- Natural Instincts Creme Shade 21G Medium Golden Brown (Caramel Creme)
- Natural Instincts Creme Shade 23R Medium Auburn (Raspberry Creme)
- Natural Instincts Creme Shade 30R Dark Auburn (Cherry Creme)
- Natural Instincts Creme Shade 31 Darkest Brown (Coffee Creme)
- Natural Instincts Vibrant Shade 9 Natural Light Blonde (Blonde Vibrance)
- Natural Instincts Vibrant Shade 10 Extra Light Blonde (Sun-Kissed Blonde)
Tags: hair, hair dye, side effects