The show must go on.
After the passing of legend Joan Rivers, many wondered if her show Fashion Police would be able to carry on in her absence.
Well, we finally have our answer.
Read the emotional statement (below):
[Image via E!.]
Former model and Model Alliance founder Sara Ziff is once again revealing the dark side of modeling and thanks to a new survey, she has proof!
The results came after Ziff and former model Jenna Sauers sent a survey to 241 girls and even though only 85 returned it, their answers were more than troubling:
- 68.3% of models suffer from anxiety or depression
- 76.5% have been exposed to drugs or alcohol on the job
- 29.7% of models have been touched inappropriately on the job
- 28% have been pressured to have sex with someone on the job
- Of those who’ve experienced sexual harassment, only 29.1% felt they could tell their agencies, which might be because they lack the confidence that comes with adulthood, since:
- 54.7% begin working between the ages of 13 and 16
The average age of the respondents was 26, which means that they skewed towards older and more experienced women.
Still, this is totally ridiculous!
The industry needs to he some serious reform, and soon!
[Image via WENN.]