Ugh, chipped nails are the WORST!
Especially when your newly polished puppies start chipping a few days after you’ve gotten them done — or even as soon as you leave the nail salon!!
But have no fear, Miley Cyrus’ manicurist is here!
The woman behind Smiles’ fierce talons, Lisa Jachno, has given out five essential tips to make a manicure last as long as possible.
Check out what she had to say …AFTER THE JUMP!!!
1. Don't soak your nails at the salon. "The wet manicure is a myth. Soaking your nails causes them to expand. The polish will end up chipping when your nail dehydrates itself."
2. Make sure your nails are clean. "Sometimes when you're at the nail salon, they're in a hurry to do the next client. They might not make sure all of the oils are off the nail after they use lotion or cuticle remover. It's really important to make sure you spray your nails with prep spray to clean off all of the leftover debris."
3. Pick a good brand. "I love Essie. It's a good, professional brand nail polish for a reasonable price. I also love Chanel for their color trends. And I'm also a fan of Tom Ford. I really love his nail lacquer."
4. Buff your nails. "Buffing removes the residue that lives on the nail. The ridges cause little air pockets in the polish so it doesn't get a good seal on the nail. It keeps your polish on longer."
5. Don’t go for the most popular color. Polish bottles that are opened often…"can become really thick. When it gets to be like a ¼ inch left, I throw it away. Adding nail polish thinner will help. But never use nail polish remover to thin your polish. That actually thickens the polish in the long run."
Good to know!!!
And even though she uses acrylic nails on Miley, she doesn't really recommend them OR gel manicures.
So keep all those juicy tidbits in mind next time you get your nails done!!
P.S. In the beauty mood? CLICK HERE to learn the makeup and skin-care favorites of the stars!
Tags: beauty buzz, chanel, chipped nails, fashion smashion, gifs, how to keep nails from chipping, lisa jachno, miley cyrus, nail advice, nail polish, nails, tom ford