Demi can werk!!
[Image via WENN.]
Ever heard of “oil pulling”?
If not, it’s basically a beauty routine that consists of swishing oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes a day before spitting it out. Oil pulling's been around for ages, and supposedly has all sorts of health benefits.
Therefore, we’ve compiled six fun facts about this weird, yet potentially beneficial process!
1. You can oil pull with coconut oil or any vegetable based oil, such as sesame oil, sunflower oil, or olive oil (Shailene prefers sesame oil). Some recommend alternating oils to reap maximum benefits!
2. It’s been proven that oil pulling reduces gingivitis!
3. According to Shailene Woodley: “It really makes your teeth whiter, because the plaque on your teeth is not water soluble, it’s fat-soluble. So the lipids have to dissolve in fats, which is why oil works in your mouth.”
4. Studies show oil pulling reduces the bacteria count in the mouth. Less bacteria means fresher breath!
5. Advocates claim that oil pulling can detoxify your entire body.
6. It also supposedly cures a plethora of other things, such as headaches, hangovers, acne, eczema, psoriasis, allergies, hormonal imbalances, and more!
Many who've tried oil pulling swear by it!
Think you'll give it a shot???