How the mighty have fallen!
Meredith Vieira may be one of the most respected women in news… but that level of fame apparently couldn't translate over to daytime television ratings.
It was announced on Monday that The Meredith Vieira Show has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.
Related: Queen Latifah's Show Cancelled After 2nd Season!
Meredith premiered back on September 8, 2014, with a revamped layout and panel of guest commentators for Season Two including Lance Bass, Yamaneika Saunders, Lilliana Vazquez, and Megan Colarossi, but the news out of NBCU has effectively put all of them out of a job.
The former View and TODAY host issued a statement to Deadline following the cancellation, saying:
On Sunday, Lance Bass and husband Michael Turchin celebrated their one year wedding anniversary. LOVES it!
In fact, the *NSYNC alum took to Instagram to share a sweet video for his man that displayed their journey to the alter. Too cute!
Related: See *NSYNC's Reaction To Adele Shattering Their Record
Lance Bass is being sued by motorcyclist Khoren Moughalian who claims the musician hit him with his car!
Related: Lance Bass Responds To Andy Cohen's Sex Claim!
According to the victim, in 2013, the boybander made an abrupt lane change on the 10 freeway in Los Angeles and totally collided into Moughalian's Kawasaki.
He claims he suffered extreme injuries and is suing for unspecified damages.
We just hope justice is brought down on those responsible.
[Image via WENN.]
Lance Bass has been making headlines lately, after revealing on The Meredith Vieira Show last week that he was inappropriately touched during his *NSYNC days.
Related: Lance Reveals How Fatherhood 'Changed' Justin Timberlake!
While we — along with a lot of other people — thought it was incredibly brave of him to open up about something so horrible, the 36-year-old confessed in an interview released on Tuesday that not everyone was as supportive, explaining:
"The sad thing is … even I started getting judged when that story came out. They're like, 'Well, if he was bein' honest…' I'm like, 'Really, I'm just gonna lie about that?'"
After facing backlash for his admission, the former boy band member says he understands why women have a difficult time speaking out after they've been sexually assaulted:
OK, Lance Bass needs to be careful about his wording…
During a panel on Wednesday's Meredith Vieira Show, the SiriusXM radio host made a very shocking admission that he was the victim of inappropriate touching when he was a teenager.
The former *NSYNC member went on to say that right when the boy band was talking off two decades ago, an older man, whom Bass referred to as a "pedophile," worked with the pop group would touch him and "the guys" inappropriately.
But apparently, the singer's choice of wording may have confused viewers about what actually happened!
Related: Father Defends Babysitter Who Had Sex With His Son, Says It's 'A Notch On His Belt'
On Wednesday, Bass clarified his comments on his radio show Dirty Pop, and he explained that he was NOT molested! He asserted:
Lance Bass made a shocking admission on Wednesday.
The former *NSYNC member revealed on The Meredith Vieira Show that he was inappropriately touched when he was around 16 or 17 years old — right when his music career was taking off!
Related: Lance Bass Reveals How Fatherhood Has 'Changed' JT!
During a panel discussion of Ashley Judd's claims that she was sexually harassed by a studio mogul, the 36-year-old dropped the bombshell, saying:
"It had happened to me… When we started there was someone that we worked with that was inappropriately touching us."
While he didn't specifically name