This is incredibly sad!
Last night, former President George H.W. Bush was taken by ambulance to Houston Methodist Hospital after experiencing a shortness of breath.
According to spokesman Jim McGrath, George W. Bush's father:
[Image via WENN.]
Vegans won’t be happy about this, but some people are making arguments that eating meat is good for the environment.
In his upcoming book, Meat: A Benign Extravagance, British writer and farmer, Simon Fairlie praises vegans for their activism, but then puts forth counter arguments that eating ethically-raised meat in moderation is earth-friendly.
Here are some of his main arguments:
1. Pasture-raised pigs can eat whey (a dairy byproduct), leftovers, and agriculture waste. They turn waste into food!
2. Cows eat grass and other “weeds” and they aerate the ground, which helps produce more grass, which puts more clean oxygen into the atmosphere.
3. Many vegetable oils have a larger carbon footprint than animal fats.
4. Farm animals on a well-managed farm can help fertilize crops.
5. Raising livestock the “slow” way helps us all value our food and farmers more, and encourages us to eat more carefully
What do U think? Is he right to think that eating meat is good for the environment?
[Image via AP Images.]