Yes, that is a McDonald's logo because, believe it or not, it made the list!
We know everyone loves fast food. EVERYONE! We're a fast food nation, so instead of denying it, lets just embrace it and try to find the healthiest options.
Ranked on factors such as the use of healthy fats and preparations, healthy sodium counts in entrées, availability of nutritional information, and the use of organic produce, a panel of experts has determined the top 10 healthiest fast food restaurants in America!
The panel surveyed the nation’s 100 largest fast food chains, as defined by the number of locations, and here is what they found:
1. Panera Bread (1,230 locations)
2. Jason's Deli (206 locations)
3. Au Bon Pain (280 locations)
4. Noodles and Company (204 locations)
5. Corner Bakery Cafe (111 locations)
6. Chipotle (800+ locations)
7. Atlanta Bread (106 locations)
8. McDonald's (14,000 locations)
9. Einstein Bros. Bagels (649 locations)
10. Taco Del Mar (270 locations)
Not all of those are nationwide, but chances are, there is at least one of those in your neck of the woods.
Also, it's important to remember not EVERYTHING on the menu is healthy (or even remotely healthy) and these restaurants were decided upon by the healthy meal options available, such as McDonald's apple dippers, instead of greasy french fries, or Panera's garden vegetable soup.
These fast food joints definitely offer healthier alternatives to the Big Mac, but it's up to YOU to order them!
Tags: america, french fries, health, mcdonalds, nutrition, organic, restaurant, sodium, survey