And it went down just like everyone thought it would.
Floyd defeated Pacquiao by unanimous decision after going the distance, making ‘Money' Mayweather the official winner.
And his undefeated reign continues...
[Image via Getty Images.]
Taking medicine sometimes sucks.
If you are unsatisfied with how your PMS medication is working, or are just looking to try something new, herbal medication might be the way to go.
While herbal medication gets a bad wrap a lot of the time, studies have shown that Chinese herbal meds for PMS are actually effective.
"Chinese herbal medicine gave significant improvements in pain relief when compared to pharmaceutical drugs. It also reduced overall symptoms. The research revealed that Chinese herbal medicine was also better at alleviating pain than acupuncture or heat compression."
The study even found that Chinese medicine may even be superior to regular medicine.
Said lead author Xiaoshu Zhu:
"All available measures of effectiveness confirmed the overall superiority of Chinese herbal medicine to placebo, no treatment, NSAIDs, OCP, (oral contraception pills) acupuncture and heat compression, and, at the same time, there were no indications that Chinese herbs caused any adverse events."
Here are some common herbal medicines, and what they do. Talk to a specialist and try them out for yourself!
1. Angelicae (dang gui): “Functions as an anti-inflammatory, pain reliever and is often referred to in Traditional Chinese Medicine as the female ginseng.”
2. Red and White peony root (radix peoniae alba and peoniae rubrae): “Has many important uses, from headaches to abdominal pain and spasms, blood deficiency, menstrual irregularities and even night sweats.”
3. Licorice root (glycyrrhiza): “Can moderates spasms and alleviate pain, especially in the abdomen and legs.”
4. Nut-Grass rhizome (Cyperus): “Commonly combined with Dang Gui for irregular menstruation and dysmenorrhea.”
5. Ligusticum (lovage root or chuan xiong): “Widely used blood tonic and is especially common in women's formulas in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It improves blood circulation and has been studied extensively in for heart circulation because of its profound effects for myocardial circulation.”
[Image via AP Images.]