José Fernández's tragic passing has affected so many people.
The late sports star's longtime love reflected on their time together, writing:
[Image via AP Images.]
It's soooo easy to go overboard on summer holidays like the Fourth of July.
- Choose healthier, leaner grilling options. Instead of high fat burgers and hot dogs, try chicken or turkey sausage, ground chicken or turkey burgers, and grilled chicken burgers.
- Buy low fat sides. Save calories by choosing baked chips, pretzels, fresh fruit and salads. Avoid potato salad, cole slaw, and regular chips.
- Condiments add up in calories! Cut back on a few hundred calories by using low fat mayo, low fat thousand island (great on burgers!), and low fat cheese.
- Beverages and booze turn to fat just like food! Drink your alcohol slowly. Calories are calories. Choose light beers, diet sodas, and low cal margaritas.
- Drink 8oz of water after each alcoholic beverage.
- If you overeat, get back on track the next day!
Awesome tips! See? You can still enjoy a summer cookout with friends and family without overindulging.
Have a happy, safe, AND healthy Fourth!