There have been so many reports that cell phones can be bad for you, but now, some experts say there are actual positive health benefits that your cell phone offers.
- Diabetes coaching can be found through apps or your mobile web. When patients with Type 2 diabetes used these devices, there was a 1.9% decline in glycated hemoglobin.
- Health apps such as fitness trackers or calorie counters are extremely useful for when you're on the go
- It can curb smoking habits. Getting encouraging text messages on your phone can make you think twice before lighting up.
- Daily alarms can be set to remind you to take your medications.
- According to a new study, an iPhone app that diagnoses strokes is currently bein developed. Researchers saw that the app accurately identified a stroke between 94 and 100 perfect of the time.
- Women who are expecting will soon benefit from remote fetal monitoring and remote wireless ultrasound, alerting health professionals if a woman needs to go to a clinic.
- A new program that will eventually be available on cell phones will be able to track your sleeping patterns, showing you whether or not you are receiving enough sleep.
There are still many reasons why you should put the phone down. However, with new technology, it seems that phones can really be the key to saving lives.
[Image via WENN.]