You've got your bucket of popcorn and you're heading straight for that pump filled with fake "butter flavoring." Don't do it!
Want that expensive box of candy? That large soda for "50 cents extra?"
Instead, here are some easy and healthy alternatives that will still make your movie-going experience enjoyable and bonus, will be wallet-friendly too:
• Bottled water, club soda or Crystal Lite
• Flavor and Fiber Gnu bar or Chocolite Protein Bar
• Dry cereal: Fiber One, Kashi Go Lean or Puffins
• Low-fat mozzarella string cheese
• 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn
• 1-ounce of pistachios
• Baby carrots or sliced peppers
• Fruit such as apples, strawberries or raspberries
• Roasted almonds 100-calorie pack
• Shelled, salted edamame
• A mix of almonds, raisins and mini marshmallows
• Jicama matchsticks, tossed with lime juice and chili powder
• Frozen red or green grapes
That's a huge variety - you're bound to find something delicious and filling! Movies can still be fun without fatty foods and unnecessary calories.
[Image via WENN.]