Can you imagine having to comb your hair UPSIDE DOWN?
That's what 13-year-old Scottish teen Megan Stewart has to do in order to avoid her brain shutting down because of the static electricity!
Crazy, right? Megan has been diagnosed by doctors with the rare condition called "hair brushing syndrome," which is triggered from static electricity.
The condition is so rare that the doctors have only ever heard of one other case!
Her condition was discovered 3 years ago on her first day of the 6th grade. Her mother was brushing her hair before school when Megan "flopped over and her lips turned blue."
That must have been horrifying!
Now, on top of brushing her damp hair while hanging over the side of her bed to avoid static shock, she can't touch balloon or wear shiny clothing.
We can't imagine dealing with such a thing, but despite the tragic condition, her parents describe Megan as "a very happy and lively young girl."
We're so sad to hear about the condition, but at least Megan isn't letting it get in the way of her happiness!
Tags: balloon, crazy, damp, doctors, hair, megan stewart, scotland, shiny clothing, shock, static electricity