Ben & Jerry's may officially be the COOLEST company ever!
The board of directors has proclaimed full support for all of the Occupy Wall Street protestors in a message reading, "To those who occupy: We stand with you."
This comes as no surprise considering they have championed for corporate responsibility in the past, but is definitely a nice boost to the movement.
- The inequity that exists between classes in our country is simply immoral.
- We are in an unemployment crisis. Almost 14 million people are unemployed. Nearly 20% of African American men are unemployed. Over 25% of our nation's youth are unemployed.
- Many workers who have jobs have to work 2 or 3 of them just to scrape by.
- Higher education is almost impossible to obtain without going deeply in debt.
- Corporations are permitted to spend unlimited resources to influence elections while stockpiling a trillion dollars rather than hiring people.
Such good points! They also address the sometimes absurd media bias by noting:
"We know the media will either ignore you or frame the issue as to who may be getting pepper sprayed rather than addressing the despair and hardships borne by so many, or accurately conveying what this movement is all about."
It's always nice to see people making tons of money who are willing to admit they can afford to give up a little more for their country.
We're definitely a little inspired by Ben & Jerry's message and hope the protestors practicing their First Ammendment right are too!
Click here to read the full message to Occupy Wall Street supporters around the country!