Famous Di Fara's pizza in NYC has been shut down because of a staggering 67 health code violations. Enjoy your nightmares, customers!
At $5 dollars a slice and being around for 5 decades (and still dealing with huge lines), you think they'd avoid these things:
1) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
2) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
3) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
4) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
5) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
6) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
7) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
8) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
9) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
That's SUPER DISGUSTING.
Yet, their fans seem unfazed and await the reopening.
We'd be fazed. We're nowhere near that joint and we're STILL fazed by it.
[Image via AP Images.]
Tags: di fara, disgusting, food, fruit, gross, health, nyc, pizza, prevent, prevention