This is incredibly sad!
Last night, former President George H.W. Bush was taken by ambulance to Houston Methodist Hospital after experiencing a shortness of breath.
According to spokesman Jim McGrath, George W. Bush's father:
[Image via WENN.]
Who can argue with the question, "Who would want to eat an ammonia-filled burger?"
But that doesn't stop people who don't know that McDonald's uses an ammonina-pink slime in their burgers!
So Jamie Oliver decided to get it stopped — and he has won.
Ammonium hydroxide was being used by McDonald's to convert fatty beef offcuts into a beef filler for its burgers in the USA.
Hilariously, though, McDonald's swears it wasn't because of Oliver:
'The decision to remove BPI products from the McDonald's system was not related to any particular event but rather to support our effort to align our global beef raw material standards. McDonald's complies with all government requirements and food safety regulations. Furthermore, we have our own food safety measures and standards in place throughout the entire supply chain to ensure that we serve safe, high quality food to every customer, every time they visit our restaurants.'
Anyway, we're glad to hear that this is over. The problems still stands, though, that fast food is unhealthy — and people abuse it that goes way beyond consuming in moderation!
We should tackle that, next!
Good job, Jamie!
[Image via AP Images.]
Tags: abuse, body, burger, decision, fast food, fat, food, government, health, healthy, jamie oliver, mcdonalds, moderation, people, problems, question, restaurant, restaurants, safety, support, unhealthy