Food has more of an affect on your body than how skinny you are! Did U know that some food can actually help your libido?
With the most romantic day of the year just a day away, Margaux J. Rathbun has some nutrition information for all the lovers out there! The nutritional therapy practitioner writes:
Looking to spice things up this Valentine’s Day? In addition to living a healthy, balanced life, there are certain foods that have been known to spice things up in the bedroom!
- Oysters are one of the more well-known foods that serve as an aphrodisiac. They are full of zinc, which can help produce sperm and increase libido in both men and women.
- Honey contains a lot of B vitamins and minerals that aid in getting people aroused.
- Try cooking with basil; it's been said to increase fertility. Make homemade pesto spreads with garlic, another aphrodisiac, and add it to pasta or use it on chicken dishes.
- Get things pumping' with ginger. This well-known spice gets the circulatory system flowing. Its spicy flavor is great in salads or even cooked with fish. Ginger also helps with digestion. We all know how un-sexy it is to feel bloated and full.
- Sugar, spice and everything nice? Not when you're cooking with nutmeg! A sprinkle of nutmeg on your dinner, dessert or even your date is sure to raise their body temperature and heat up the evening. Add it to a hot cup of cocoa or coffee for an after-dinner treat and watch the clothes melt off.
- Given the shape, it's not shocking to learn that bananas are said to stimulate the sex drive in men. Besides being loaded with potassium, magnesium and B vitamins, they also contain components that help arouse the boys. Go bananas, ladies!
- Want to put your man in the mood? Serve him wild yams or pumpkin seeds, two foods that have been said to help with get men going.
- Want to attract the ladies? It's been said that the scent of almonds arouses women. Gentlemen, maybe it's time to invest in a nice big bottle of almond oil?
For more HOT nutrition tips, visit Margaux's website Authentic Self Wellness or follow her on Twitter @MargauxRathbun.
Tags: aphrodisiac, arousal, bedroom, fertility, libido, margaux j. rathbun, spice things up, valentine-039s day, zinc