If you have watched the new season of The Real Housewives of Orange County, you will notice that beyond all the glamour and gossip, these ladies are rockin' some seriously hot bodies! Some of my clients' most requested physiques, these women work hard for their bodies, mixing Pilates, strength training and cardio to burn calories and build muscle. Whether you love Tamra's sculpted thighs or Gretchen's flat stomach, try these simple moves to sculpt your own "OC" physique:
Plie Squat with Calf Raise:
- Take your legs in a nice wide stance, toes pointing out at 45 degrees. Chest up and back straight.
- Holding a dumbbell in both hands, let it hang in front of you.
- Bend your knees slowly, keeping all the tension on your inner thighs. Keep your abs and glutes contracted.
- Push through your heels to return to the standing position, but instead of stopping there, lift yourself onto the balls on your feet and squeeze your calves.
- Return to starting position and repeat for 3 sets of 15 reps.
Lateral Flutter Kicks:
- Lie on your back with your hands underneath your tailbone for support or hold onto a sturdy object (such as a weight bench).
- With your feet bent at 90 degrees, extend them out straight, toes pointed.
- Slowly cross one leg over the other in a fluid motion, keep this going for 20 reps.
- Make sure your back is flat throughout the exercise and your abs are contracted.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 20 reps.
*To increase the intensity of this move, lower your feet closer to the floor when performing the exercise or add ankle weights.
Courtney Barber is always here to help! Check out her website HERE or Facebook HERE and follow her on twitter @CourtneyBFit! Email the celebrity fitness and lifestyle consultant your questions at Tips@FitPerez.com!
Tags: body, calf raise, courtney barber, exercises, lateral flutter kicks, orange county, pile squat, real housewives, tone