Everyone seems to be looking for an efficient ab workout!
Everyone including this FitPerezcious reader:
I am looking for a quick and efficient ab work out - is there one around?
Well, we'd like to know too! So we've got Courtney Barber here to fill us in.
Thanks for your question! I have come up with a great ab workout for you to try, that can be done quickly and effectively the next time you want to really work that midsection!
Courtney's Ab Circuit
Complete all moves one after the other, with 1-2 minutes rest at the completion of the circuit. Repeat 3 times. If you don't have access to a medicine ball, then a dumbbell is fine. (You can even use a large water bottle!) Please choose a weight according to your fitness level.
1. Fitball Crunches with Medicine Ball
- Lie on a fitball, so that it is positioned under your lower back.
- Holding a medicine ball in both hands, extend your hands over your head as you lean back. Your back should be supported and your arms should be straight.
- As you contract your abs and lift your shoulders off the ball into the standard crunch position, bring your hands over your head, holding the ball out in front of you.
- Squeeze your abs and hold the ball out straight for 3 seconds.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for 12-15 reps.
2. Reverse Crunch with Medicine Ball
- Lie on your back (either on a bench or a mat) and bend your knees, keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Place the medicine ball between your knees.
- Keeping your back flat and abs contracted, curl the medicine ball towards your bellybutton.
- You may need to hold onto the edge of the bench or a stable object if you have trouble keeping your back flat throughout the move.
- Curl the ball back to the starting position, squeezing the medicine ball between your knees/thighs throughout the move. Repeat for 12-15 reps.
- Pop the medicine ball aside, still lying flat on your back.
- Lift your knees to 90 degrees and place your hands behind your head.
- Lift your shoulders off the ground (as if you were performing a crunch)
- Extend your left leg out straight and at the same time, twist your torso so that your left elbow moves towards your right knee.
- Return to the start position and then switch sides, so that your right leg is extended and you bring your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Continue switching sides until you find a good rhythm, repeat 12 reps for each side.
Beginner? Complete the moves without the extra weight (medicine ball).
Advanced? Add ankle weights when you execute the Bicycle and use a heavier medicine ball.
We're gonna have to print this out and take it with us!
Or at least copy it into our phones!
Fab, thanks Courtney!
Courtney is always here to help! Check out her website HERE or facebook HERE and don’t forget to follow her on twitter @CourtneyBFit! And if U wanna know more about fab abs OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!