There are lots of things people do in the kitchen that could make you pretty sick.
Like seasoning their chicken with rat poison.
But there are other things that are less well known that can still make you really sick.
- Use the same plate for raw and cooked meat (Common sense)
- Thaw food on the counter (Germs can spread rapidly at room temp.)
- Wash meat in the sink (Germs spread everywhere the water touches.)
- Let food cool before storing in the fridge (Letting it cool gives germs a chance to grow.)
- Taste anything that has raw eggs in it (Again, common sense.)
- Marinate on the counter top (Same as thawing.)
- Use marinade as a sauce (That's gross. Don't do that unless you boil it first.)
- Undercook meat (Anything close to raw is gross and germ riddled.)
- Forget to wash your hands (For at least 20 seconds with antibacterial soap.)
- Taste food to see if it's spoiled (Also gross. Just look and smell.)
- Forget to wash fruits and veggies before preparing on cutting board (Pesticides could get all over the cutting board.)
So follow those above tips or you'll stand a good chance of ruining your dinner party.
No one likes a barfy guest or a dangerous chef so be careful how you cook!