First off, a pizza topped with spider/scorpion/snake venom sounds absolutely awful.
The restauranteur, Ismail Ertekin, claims they were popular.
That wasn't enough to stop the Swiss health officials from telling him to cut it out.
The pizzas had small amounts of venom extracted from homeopathic remedies, but was flagged because it crossed a line into "medicinal" products.
Here's what Ertekin said:
"They were really popular, especially with people who have a phobia of spiders or snakes. They used the pizza as a way to get over their fears."
An Environmental Health Officer explained that Ertekin crossed a line when he added "medicinal products" to his food.
Still, this sounds just like the worst pizza ever.
[Image via AP Images.]