If you've been wanting some advice on cutting down on the calories you're putting inside your body, look no further.
Because we've got Lisa DeFazio in the house to tell you how!!
The majority of people struggle with their weight. On the one hand you want to fit in your skinny jeans, on the other hand, that cheeseburger is making your mouth water! The bottom line with weight loss is that calories consumed should be less than calories burned. There are 3500 calories in 1 pound of fat. If you cut 500 calories per day from your typical diet, you will lose one pound by the end of the 7 day week! Here are 10 ways to decrease your calories.
1. Beverages are calories! Drink water or zero-calorie beverages and avoid sodas, sweetened teas, blended coffee drinks, and sugary sports drinks.
2. Cut the cheese, special sauce and mayo from burgers and sandwiches.
3. Avoid high fat creamy salad dressings. Use Italian or balsamic vinaigrette.
4. Use light cream cheese or jelly on toast or a bagel instead of regular cream cheese.
5. Order pizza with lots of veggies, and “go light” on the cheese. Avoid the greasy meats!
6. Choose an English muffin instead of a Bagel.
7. Have one glass of wine instead of two.
8. Order corn tortillas to dip into salsa instead of fried chips at the Mexican restaurant.
9. Ask for carrot sticks instead of a bread basket while waiting for your meal at a restaurant.
10. Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream on homemade tacos.
Small changes make a big difference. Each day choose one more way to cut calories. After a few weeks, you will find that your cravings for fat, sugar and sodium have decreased and it will be easier to make healthy choices.
Lisa’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about calorie cutting OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!