At what point do we stop calling necrotizing fasciitis a 'rare' flesh-eating bacteria if so many cases have been popping up lately??
A man in Florida named Keith Korth has just had his leg amputated after catching the bacteria during a fishing tournament.
No, we don't mean that he caught it with his fishing pole, it doesn't work like that — LOLz!
His left leg was amputated just above the knee, and is believed to have come in contact with the bacteria from the water at the Port O’Connor tournament on Saturday.
Here's how they think it happened:
“The wading boots rubbed a blister on his foot. Evidently, the water got in there. It was touch-and-go for a while. It all happened so quickly.”
It's crazy how quickly this could happen to ANYONE.
Any break down in the skin can leave a door wide open for it — be is a blister, or a paper cut.
He totally needs to check out Aimee Copeland's story for inspiration, though!
[Image via AP Images.]
Tags: bacteria, crazy, eating, florida, leg, saturday, scary, skin, tournament, water