Soda isn't good for you. That's a fact we're pretty sure you knew.
Though you're still drinking it, possibly right now even!
So, maybe you want to stop but need a little help? We've got seven reasons to kick the habit:
- Diet soda is still connected to weight gain
- A soda a day increases risk of heart disease by as much as 20%
- The high levels of sugar in soda can cause mood swings and aggressive behavior
- Sugars in soda can cause blood sugar spikes, leading to insulin resistance, increased belly fat and even diabetes
- Soda has no nutritional benefits, simply adding calories to your day, leading to obesity
- The sugar and acid in soda is very bad for your teeth, especially for regular drinkers
- When introduced to kids too early they may become life long users and become at risk for diabetes, obesity and chronic diseases
A great way to kick your soda habit if those reasons aren't enough is to learn your facts.
With a single can of soda being about 150 calories, it would take about 15-20 minutes of moderate exercise to burn that off.
Might not seem like a lot, but that's only one can of soda and that means you have to hit the gym every time you drink a can.
So just quit it! For your health!
[Image via Wikimedia Commons.]
Tags: cancer, chronic illness, cola, diabetes, disease, drinking, fitness, health, pop, soda, soft drinks, stop