José Fernández's tragic passing has affected so many people.
The late sports star's longtime love reflected on their time together, writing:
[Image via AP Images.]
One of the hardest things to do when celebrating the holidays is to not go absolutely crazy food wise.
Some of the tastiest, biggest and unhealthiest meals we eat are centered around the holiday season.
Tips on staying healthy through the holidays:
- Workout a few hours before you sit down for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Chose green vegetables at dinner, they are always a good choice… eat your veggies!
- At the end of the meal, as hard as it might be… opt for fruit instead of a sugary dessert.
Healthy food choices people can make to not go overboard:
- Stay away from casseroles as they are very high in creams and butter and pack calories.
- Instead go for mom's string beans and an extra helping of the steamed veggies.
- Be mindful of your portion sizes during the holiday feasts.
- Opt for a lightly sweetened sweet potato, instead of mashed potato side item.
- Go for the turkey breast, lean turkey is filled with high protein.
So basically, just don't eat all your favorite foods, and workout all the time!
LOLz! JK! But for real, its all about moderation!
Don't overeat, don't drink too much (unless it's water) and go for a quick post-dinner walk.
Just follow those tips and you'll make it through the holidays without packing on the pounds!
[Image via OK! Magazine.]