The man who America has had in the back of their minds all week is finally speaking up!
Food and drink spills during holiday parties are inevitable but it’s important to remove them quickly without embarrassment and without stopping the merriment. Be organized by creating a “grab-and-go spill kit” ahead of time, containing all the essentials to wipe, scrape, blot and soak mishaps and mischief. Store your kit away from the kitchen; a family member or helpful guest can be on stain removal patrol without having to interrupt cooking or hunt under the sink.
Stain-removal caddy kit – the basics:
· Large plastic supply caddy with handle
· Spray bottle filled with water
· Mini glass bottle of club soda
· Household salt (to soak up excess wine and oils)
· Butter knife (for wax and gum removal)
· Toothbrush (for dry stains)
· White flour sacks (for stain blotting)
· A multi-purpose stain fighting product you prefer (OxyClean, Vinegar, Stain Stick, etc.)
· A brush and dustpan (for broken dishes or glass)
A great stain removal resource to turn to would be the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) website which lists every kind of stain and how to get rid of them!
What is your favorite stain removal tip for holiday parties? Tweet your thoughts and challenges to @johntrosko or visit John Trosko's blog OrganizingLA! If U’ve got questions, he’s got answers — and if U wanna more about spot removal OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!