For those of us who love to enjoy sweets during the holidays but don’t want the guilt that comes with indulging, Elizabeth Minett, top model and author of the popular fashion and food blog, HAUT APPÉTIT, recommends this healthy AND delicious recipe for the season:
Gluten & Dairy Free Cranberry Pistacchio Biscotti
2 cups Gluten Free Flour *I used Arrowhead Mills
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup organic sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 cup almond milk
large handful of pistachios
large handful of cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lightly flour the surface.
2. In a large bowl or standmixer, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla to the dry mix and combine. While mixing, add the almond milk. You will get a dough that is slightly sticky but not wet.
4. Finally stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
5. Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and sprinkle a small amount of flour over top so that you can shape the dough without your fingers sticking to it! Shape the dough into a long thin log, about 1 inch high and 12 inches long.
6. Place in the oven for 25-30mins or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10mins. Turn the oven up to 375F.
7. Carefully transfer the log to a cutting board, and on the diagonal using a sharp serrated knife, slice 1 inch thick biscotti. Place them back onto the baking tray cut-side up, so they can be lightly toasted in the oven. Place in the oven for another 10mins until golden.
Make sure to follow Elizabeth on Twitter HERE… and if U wanna know more about holiday recipes OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!
Tags: beautiful, coffee, delicious, elizabeth minett, food, health, healthy, holiday, model, organic, questions, recipe, recipes, shape, sugar