The parents of 7-month-old Mya Whittington were hysterical when her jaw swelled up like a golf ball!
But when doctors found a protrusion and removed it, the terror turned to shock and confusion.
From Mya's jaw, doctors had pulled a two-inch black feather!!
So how exactly did the feather get into the baby in the first place? No one is sure! But Mya's father Aaron Whittington says doctors have surmised a scenario. He says:
"The best guess is that she had put it in her mouth and it either got lodged in the throat or stuck in the throat. The body being crazy as it is just started to reject it and forced it out."
Eesh! Either that or she's molting!
Once the fluid drained out of Mya's neck, she recovered quickly, and is now safe at home in her
[Image via KWCH.]
Tags: baby, crazy, doctors, emergency, feather, home, hospital, parents, recover, remove