Are you one of those people who doesn't know how enjoy the holidays??
You're not alone — it can be a very stressful time. Which sucks, because it's supposed to be the opposite of that! LOLz!
No worries though. We've got your back, and so does Lisa DeFazio:
Lisa D’s Holiday Survival Guide
1. Don't arrive at the party starving; have an apple and a handful of nuts or a few crackers and hummus.
2. Grab a low calorie drink and scan the buffet for low calorie items like shrimp with cocktail sauce, veggies, baked items, fruit, etc., and make a plan!
3. Save calories for only foods you LOVE and are holiday treats. Don’t waste calories on chips and cheese.
4. Alternate alcoholic drinks with calorie-free sparkling water.
5. Socialize and use this as an opportunity to network; talking slows down eating.
6. Give containers of leftovers to guests as they leave-do not keep the high fat foods around the house!
7. If you've had enough to eat but others are still picking, place your napkin over your plate or take your plate to the kitchen and throw away what you do not eat.
8. Allow yourself one dessert per party.
9. Get back on track the next day! Do not make Thanksgiving through New Year's one big binge.
10. This is the time of year to count your blessings, enjoy the holiday decorations, and show your appreciation for what others have done for you! Don’t waste time obsessing about food.
- Lisa’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about surviving the holidays OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!
Tags: alcohol, calorie, calories, cause, eating, food, nutrition, party, people, question, questions, stress, video