Chef Suzy Singh recently stopped by the kitchens at Le Cordon Bleu!
Suzy is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Chicago and appeared as a contestant on season two of MasterChef on FOX.
She was there to make us some holiday treats!!
She's got some healthy versions of an Agave Cranberry Chutney and a Rosemary Cauliflower Mash.
We're pretty sure everyone has been getting their fair share of unhealthy foods this holiday.
So why not try making some healthy, super tasty dishes!!
Just follow Suzy's instructions in the video (above) and make some delicious dishes!
Check out the written instructions AFTER THE JUMP!!
Agave Cranberry Chutney with Chef Suzy Singh
1/2 cup of Agave Nectar
4 cups of Cranberries
1 cup water
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. Grape seed Oil
1) In a hot sauté pan add 1 tsp. of grape seed oil
2) On medium heat add 1 tsp. of cumin seeds, 1/2 onion finely chopped and 1 tsp. of salt
3) Sauté for 2 minutes then add chopped tomatoes
4) Cook for 2 minutes then add fresh cranberries, water, and lemon juice.
5) Cook for 7 minutes on medium low then add agave nectar and lemon zest.
6) Stir and cook for 5 minutes until homogenous mixture is formed.
7) Cool and Serve.
Healthy Rosemary Cauliflower Mash with Chef Suzy Singh
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 tsp. Goat Cheese
2 cloves of Garlic
3/4 cup of Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2 tsp. chopped Rosemary
1) Add 1 head of cauliflower into a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes
2) Heat vegetable stock until it reaches to a simmer
3) Drain hot cauliflower and place directly into an immersion blender
4) Add 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and goat cheese into an immersion blender and place
5) Slowly stream in the vegetable stock until fully incorporated into a homogenous mixture.
6) Take warm cauliflower mash out of blender (for a finer texture sieve through chinois) and serve.