This is incredibly sad!
Last night, former President George H.W. Bush was taken by ambulance to Houston Methodist Hospital after experiencing a shortness of breath.
According to spokesman Jim McGrath, George W. Bush's father:
[Image via WENN.]
Dr. William Schaffner said:
"I don't find it alarming. We knew belly buttons weren't sterile."
And on top of that, Dr. Gregory Poland spoke up on navel piercings:
"The current fad of women piercing their umbilicus has led to many case reports of infections. And with today's multiple drug-resistant bacteria, it can lead to disasters."
But what's even weirder is that everyone has unique bacteria in their belly button with strands that are "rare and occurred in just one individual."
So next time you're in the shower, try to scrub the heck out of your navel! LOLz
[Image via Lia Toby/WENN.]