Need help tackling New Year's Eve?? Join the club!
Nah, we aren't talkin' about what you're going to do or what you're going to wear — we're talking about how to stay healthy and not overdo it… and still have fun!!
Luckily we have Lisa DeFazio here with 10 Tips For New Years Eve!!
1. Watch the booze, enjoy in moderation and sip slowly. Have 1 glass of water or sparkling water for every alcoholic drink. Choose diet coke, tonic water, or other zero calorie mixer.
2. Load up on fruits, veggies, crackers, easy on the cheeses, and high calorie appetizers.
3. Wear tight fitting clothes or a tight belt as a reminder not to over eat. You will be uncomfortable if you eat too much!
4. If you want to splurge choose foods you really LOVE and don't just eat out of boredom!
5. Do not hang out next to the buffet table, go to the other side of the room!
6. Dancing burns calories so if you are at a party or club and people are dancing, grab your date or friends and get moving!
7. Do not drink so much alcohol that you end up passing out and not remembering the evening! It is not worth it. 2 or 3 drinks is enough to enjoy yourself without ending up in the bathroom!
8. Bring healthy snacks, a veggie platter, baked chips, nuts, or a healthy side dish to the party for the buffet table. You help the host or hostess and you have healthy food to eat.
9. During the day mainly eat protein, chicken, fish, yogurt, salads, fruits and vegetables, you know you will indulge a little so save some calories for the party.
10. ENJOY the evening, think about your upcoming year and all you want to accomplish. Start off the year feeling good about your health, and in control of your eating habits.
I look forward to sharing my advice and tips with all of you in 2013!
So fab and SO EASY!
No excuses, guys! That's all there is! LOLz! Happy New Year!
Lisa’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about holiday survival OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!
Tags: advice, calories, diet, food, health, healthy, lisa defazio, nutrition, water