Everyone makes a New Year's resolution to be healthier, but precious few actually follow through on it!
But what if there were simple ways you could improve your health?
Dietician Julieanna Hever says there are, and she has ten amazing tips for staying healthy in 2013!
Do three 10-minute intense movement sessions a day.
Gain the same benefits from exercising in shorter bouts as if you clumped them altogether. Walk fast, jump rope, climb stairs. Try performing a circuit series of a few exercises in rotation…for example, do 10 pushups, 10 mountain climbers, one-minute held plank, 10 squat jumps, and repeat the series three times. Other activities you can maximize in mini bouts include:
· Run (with your pooch or a friend)
· Do walking lunges across a hallway while holding weights or heavy water bottles
· Exercise with resistance (kettlebells, tubing, your body, weights)
· Workout DVDs or online videos (many mini workouts are now easy to find)
· Dance to your favorite music
· Kickboxing, boxing, or other martial arts practice
Check back with us for more of the 10 Great Health Tips for 2013! Special thanks to Julieanna Hever!
[Image via AP Images.]