Urooj Khan, a 46-year-old Chicago resident, won a $1 million lottery on a scratch-off ticket!!
After taxes and taking the lump sum and everything, he was cut a fat check for almost $425,000 on July 19th.
The hard-working Indian immigrant was an entrepreneur who had three dry cleaner businesses and said he planned to reinvest the money in his businesses, pay off his debts and donate a chunk to St. Jude's Children's Research hospital!
Sadly, he died the very next day.
He ate dinner with his family like normal the night before but woke up in the morning, screaming in pain.
He was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead from heart disease.
It was only after an autopsy was performed that they found a lethal dose of cyanide in his system!
The cops are currently investigating and are calling it a homicide, considering the lottery winnings as a motive.
Check out the video (above) to hear more about this sad story.
Tags: business, chicago, children, cyanide, dinner, donate, family, heart disease, hospital, lottery, million, money, pain, poison, poisoned, research, sad, win