Here is a simple, easy and quick homemade protein bar recipe I have used, which is extremely convenient when food is not readily available. Give this a shot and I’m sure you will enjoy it a lot!
- 100 grams of whey protein isolate powder (I use chocolate flavor, but any flavor will do)
- 3 cups of rolled oats (roughly 450 calories total)
- 1 cup of almond milk (at 40 calories per 8 oz)
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (at 20 calories)
- 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter or almond butter (at 190 calories)
- 1 banana (optional, depending on how carb dense you’d like these bars to be)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and mold the mixture into 8 separate rectangular blocks. Place them on a sprayed cooking tray and put in the oven for 25-30 mins. at 300 degrees F. When they become slightly hardened, you will know they are done. Store in the refrigerator.
Each bar should come out approximately to this nutrition information break down:
Carbs: 12 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Fat: 2 grams
Justin Janoska just so happens to be a passionate fitness trainer certified by NASM, as well as a sports & exercise nutritionist, and would love to hear from you on Twitter & Facebook! Make sure you check out his website HERE… and if U wanna know more about habits OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!