This year, give your Valentine lots of dark chocolates. First you’ll need a colorful red gift bag with hearts all over it. Then start shopping for a variety of items which contain at least 70% or higher of cocoa. This is the part of chocolates which contains healthy ingredients.
Why dark chocolate instead of either white or milk chocolate?
· White chocolate contains no cocoa—or healthy ingredients.
· The darker the chocolate, the higher percentage of cocoa. Thus, milk chocolates will not be as healthy for your Valentine.
· Researchers have found that dark chocolate can improve your skin. The flavonoids in dark chocolate absorb UV light, increase blood flow to your skin and improve its hydration.
· Dark chocolate helps prevent heart disease, because its flavonoids can act as antioxidants—-protecting your body’s molecules from free radicals that can cause damage to your cells.
· Dark chocolate can reduce the risk of strokes.
· Dark chocolate contains theobromine shown my researchers to harden tooth enamel.
· Dark chocolate contains caffeine which can act as a mild stimulate to keep you alert and awake instead of drinking coffee….especially for those late night dates and afterward.
· Dark chocolate is good for your brain, because it increases blood flow and helps to improve
Cognitive functions—such as your judgment, memory and ability to understand.
· Dark chocolate also helps control blood sugar by keeping your blood vessels healthy.
· Dark chocolate is high in minerals and vitamins such as Copper, Iron, Potassium and Iron.
Finally and most important, dark chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA) the same chemical your brain produces to stimulate the release of endorphins…make you feel euphoric, happy and as if your Valentine is falling in love! Now you know why!
Lisa DeFazio’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website and follow her on Twitter for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about Valentine's Day OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!
Tags: dark chocolate, food, healthier, instead, love line, milk, romance, valentines day, white