DAYUM, these soda addictions are getting real!
Back in 2010, a woman named Natasha Harris went into cardiac arrest and then unfortunately passed. And when she died, a pathologist found that she had hypokalemia, which means she had lower-than-normal amount of potassium in her blood.
Shortly after, Natasha's family revealed that she had an addiction to Coca-Cola, and if she didn't get a hit of at least 10 liters of that pop per day, she would start going CRAY!
Coroner David Crerar then found that her excessive drinking of Coke led her to cardiac arrhythmia, which causes abnormal electrical activity in the heart.
“I find that when all the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died."
But of course, just like any normal company would do, Coca-Cola argued that there was no way their product could've killed Harris.
"[Any] grossly excessive ingestion of any food product, including water [is harmful]. We believe that all foods and beverages can have a place in a balanced and sensible diet combined with an active lifestyle."
Hmmm… that sounds all fine and dandy, but girlfriend still died, and the coroner gave out the deets as to why she passed.
Everyone knows too much sugar is never good!
R.I.P. Miz Harris.
Tags: coca cola, coke, coroner, david crerar, natasha harris