Many of us men and women want to be just like the celebrities we see in film and on television. We love their purses, suits, shoes, wardrobes, manicured nails, healthy skin tones and even the cars they drive. But most of all, we envy their pecs and the perfect bodies they seem to maintain in spite of foods and restaurants we all are tempted by. There must be a trick to the ways they diet and maintain their weight. Right??
· Most celebrity diets have one commonality—-they are about fast weight loss with some gimmick that will give them a lot of publicity.
· Celebs continue to be paid for endorsing diet products—beware.
· Others are still grapefruit fans
· Some simply snack on popcorn
· Retro foods are back for dieting too. These are the recipes we remember that our mother’s made for us such as cabbage soup and serving us low fat cottage cheese for losing weight.
· For many celebs the starvation diet is still popular.
· A few still feel only eating salads and smoking cigarettes works for them.
· Heard of the sugarless gum diet? Chew lots and you’ll live in your bathroom—losing weight.
· Others continue to swear by a low carb diet
· One celeb diet I went over was on a low carb, high protein, low fat diet loaded with lots of fruits and veggies.
· Almost every celebrity I researched, with a special diet, also had a regular exercise program supervised by a trainer.
Let me close by saying this. Celebrity diets are different and fluid for each talent based on the individual’s health, weight, stature and need to meet the image of the character they have been casted for. This presents a constant challenge for them. Now for us, the only test is to determine why we need to maintain a healthy weight and for whom?
- Lisa DeFazio’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website and follow her on Twitter for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about weight loss OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!