The man who America has had in the back of their minds all week is finally speaking up!
Some Sundays, my father would tell us stories about his Grandmother's delicious baked pizza dough. Grandma would then either add all the trimmings for a pizza… or drizzle olive oil on it… sprinkle a little garlic salt and black pepper and serve it warm right out of the oven.
Great Grandma Jenny's Italian Pizza Dough:
· 2 small cakes yeast
· 1/8th tsp. sugar
· 1 1/4th cup warm water
· 3 1/2 cup flour
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1/4th cup olive oil
· Sprinkle yeast and sugar over 1/4th cup water; let stand 3 min.
· Stir into remaining water and olive oil
· Slowly add flour to liquid—kneading and mixing with clean hands until mixture is elastic and smooth
· Cover and let rise
· Punch down center of dough and knead an additional 1 minute
· Roll out in 1" sheets, cover with pizza sauce and trimmings.
· Bake at 350 F. until golden brown and cheese has melted
Using the above recipe, you can also make a delicious pizza with chunks of barbecued chicken, grilled veggies or baked fish.
Lisa DeFazio’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website and follow her on Twitter for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about carrots OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!