Some Sundays, my father would tell us stories about his Grandmother's delicious baked pizza dough. Grandma would then either add all the trimmings for a pizza… or drizzle olive oil on it… sprinkle a little garlic salt and black pepper and serve it warm right out of the oven.
Great Grandma Jenny's Italian Pizza Dough:
· 2 small cakes yeast
· 1/8th tsp. sugar
· 1 1/4th cup warm water
· 3 1/2 cup flour
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1/4th cup olive oil
· Sprinkle yeast and sugar over 1/4th cup water; let stand 3 min.
· Stir into remaining water and olive oil
· Slowly add flour to liquid—kneading and mixing with clean hands until mixture is elastic and smooth
· Cover and let rise
· Punch down center of dough and knead an additional 1 minute
· Roll out in 1" sheets, cover with pizza sauce and trimmings.
· Bake at 350 F. until golden brown and cheese has melted
Using the above recipe, you can also make a delicious pizza with chunks of barbecued chicken, grilled veggies or baked fish.
Lisa DeFazio’s a leading nutrition expert and a Master’s degree level Registered Dietitian, so be sure to check out her website and follow her on Twitter for more tips and videos — and if U wanna know more about carrots OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!