St. Patrick's Day is going to be bruuuutal this year, as it totally lands on a Sunday!
While this is good for getting your celebration on early, it's not so good for those of us who have to come into work on Monday! Don't worry, though, we've got Dr. Yael Varnado here with tips to keep you feeling great — and make sure you don't call out from work because of your poor decisions! LOLz!
Just follow this plan:
· Plan ahead: This means hydrating before heading out and being sure you are hitting the parades and parties on a full stomach!
· Know how you’re getting home before you leave the house – have a plan that is safe and secure that you won’t have to think about while out celebrating.
· Prepare for your arrival home and the morning after: eye cream and bottled water in fridge, alarm clock set for Monday!
· Avoid any green body glitter, hair color or anything else that will impress at a parade but not in an office!
· Try to match each pint of beer or mysterious green cocktail with a tall glass of water. An even better partier will switch to soda water and lime (you don’t have to tell anyone it’s not a cocktail) to keep themselves in check.
· Be SURE you have a buddy system to keep you in check and make sure you have a safe trip home.
· When you get home rehydrate with water or coconut water – get the Potassium, electrolytes and sodium back into your body!
· Prep your face for The Morning After – wash it, hydrate it, use your fabulous face creams!
· Sleep with an elevated pillow to relieve eye puffiness!
The Monday After:
· More hydration, which includes water and also fruit juices like cranberry or apple juice to put some natural sugars back into your body.
· Toss a banana in your bag for a natural potassium boost!
· Wholegrain bread – a great source of detoxifying B vitamins!
· Eggs for breakfast! When you drink too much, your body produces a toxic substance called acetaldehyde, which gives you hangover symptoms. Your body reacts by producing a counter-active chemical called glutathione. But that supply is quickly depleted. Eggs, however, are packed with cysteine (contained in glutathione), which can help to clean up leftover toxins in the process.
Now you're all primed for success!
Have a great holiday — but drink responsibly! We don't want anyone getting into ANY kind of trouble, driving or otherwise!
P.S. Don't get fired!!
You can check out Dr. Varnado HERE as well as her Pinterest Press Page HERE!
Tags: alcohol, doctor yael varnado, hangover, health, st patricks day, tips, tricks