And it went down just like everyone thought it would.
Floyd defeated Pacquiao by unanimous decision after going the distance, making ‘Money' Mayweather the official winner.
And his undefeated reign continues...
[Image via Getty Images.]
Days are getting longer, temperatures a little higher and Spring is just around the corner! As you start to shed the layers, you may want to shed some extra inches as well.
We’ve all seen the “quick fix” weight loss programs and “secrets” to change your body fast, but let’s face it, there’s no fast way to change your body. There are two driving factors when it comes to changing you’re the way you look and feel: your diet and exercise plan (or movement plan as I like to call it).
For the “non-movers” of the world, to just move more is a first step to exercise - walk more, take the stairs (not the elevator) – and practice movement patterns that appeal to you such as dancing, running, playing tennis, stretching, skipping, etc. Just MOVE. Know that you will have set backs; but that’s ok. You can always start over again with your next breath and recommit to your plan.
Here are my TOP tips that will help you to Get in Better Shape for spring, see results in a few weeks and change your life forever!
1. PLAN AHEAD: Make movement time an appointment; add it to your calendar and plan your food choices ahead of time. Shop for food that is easy to prepare and keep loads of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, grains etc. in your pantry or office desk and nosh frequently throughout the day. This is an easy way to avoid desperation (when you grab two slices of pizza!) when you’re ravines.
2. AVOID ALL PROCESSED FOODS: Stay away from refined sugar, soda of all kinds (especially diet drinks!) and eat an abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein.
3. DRINK WATER: All day. Every day.
4. GIVE YOURSELF CHEAT DAYS: You have a better chance of sticking with a healthy lifestyle if you allow yourself cheat days. I love the 80/20 approach to both diet and movement. If I crave a beer and pizza, for example…..I will deny myself once, twice but the third time I GO FOR IT with a savoring like never before, and then the next day I am right back on track.
5. MOVE EVERY DAY: Have I stressed this enough? At exhale, our Core Fusion program has transformed tens of thousands of bodies since we opened in 2002 and if you can’t make it to one of our locations, or don’t live near one, we have 11 Core Fusion DVDs to get you moving anytime, anywhere.
Like anything in life, change takes a conscious effort. Take control of your life by fostering self-love and self-care. Everyone else in your life will reap the rewards, but no one will benefit more than you. Always remember, if it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.
Fred DeVito merges authentic, result-producing fitness classes with holistic spa therapies and energetic healing programs in his very own mind/body training called EXHALE. He has also created, choreographed, and starred in 11 Core Fusion DVDs! For more information from him, check out his website HERE and follow him on Twitter HERE!! And if U wanna know more about spring training OR anything else, U can always email us at Questions@FitPerez.com!!