You know how everyone says not to pee on an electric fence? Well that goes 100x over for peeing on a subway's third rail! Ahhh!
A man in Brooklyn, Matthew Zeno (above), got drunk and made the worst decision he could have: he took a walk along the G train tracks at Union Avenue and Broadway, and relieved himself on the rail that powers the subway cars. He was electrocuted to death.
He wasn't the only one injured either — his friend was also electrocuted trying to save him! That friend is now in stable condition at a local hospital.
Luckily, the friend managed to get the attention of MTA workers who called for help, but it was too late for Matthew.
At only 30 years old, Matthew was a fitness fanatic who competed in Rugged Maniac races. He was on his workout day off when he decided to have a few drinks with friends! Such a sad waste of life — we're willing to bet he had an incredible amount of time left in his life, being in as great shape as he was in.
Our hearts go out to his family and friends. We hope everyone can learn from this!
[Image via Facebook.]
Tags: alcohol, brooklyn, death, drinks, drunk, family, fitness, friends, hospital, pee, r.i.p., sad sad, scary!, subway