We recently heard the awful news about 22 schoolchildren in India dying after elevated levels of dangerous chemicals and pesticides led to severe food poisoning, and now they may have the person responsible for the horrible incident.
Assistant Director General Ravinder Kumar says there were monocrotophos found in the food and on the utensils. The chemical is often used as a pesticide, but is extremely toxic for humans.
One of the school's cooks Manju Devi says she warned the principal that the mustard oil looked AND smelled awful, but Meena told her to continue prepping meals!
Parents of the victims have been understandably infuriated by the events that could have easily been avoided, and reports say that at least three of them have buried their children near the school in protest.
Hopefully this can be a huge wake up for other schools and their food policies so we can avoid horrible accidents like this from ever happening again!
[Image via AP Images.]