It's been two weeks since an ugly bullying scandal hit the Miami Dolphins, prompting offensive lineman Jonathan Martin to walk away from the team!
Well apparently the team's owner Stephen Ross decided it was finally time to speak out about the situation before their game Monday night!
Stephen referred to the scandal as a "nightmare," and said he was in shock over the racist language used in Richie Incognito's messages to Jonathan:
"I think anybody would be appalled. When you first read the texts … I didn’t realize that people would speak that way."
Stephen also apologized to the fans for the nasty quagmire they're in and said he doesn't put any of the blame on head coach Joe Philbin.
However, he is hoping to change the culture in the locker room by creating two committees (one internal and one external) to keep an eye on how teammates are communicating with one another.
As we previously mentioned, Stephen has already showed support for Jonathan in the days since he left the team, however we're not sure that he's seen the threatening messages he allegedly sent back to Richie!
Regardless of who said what, it's pretty clear that there's something VERY wrong with the way NFL players are talking to each other, and something definitely has to change!