A 26-year-old chinese man woke up before work like he always does, stretched and yawned.
Pretty normal. Except for the throbbing pain in his chest that followed.
He went into work anyway and didn't realize there was an issue until he was lying on a table at the end of the day, having trouble breathing. Thankfully, his coworkers brought him to the Central Hospital of Wuhan.
Doctors examined him and determined he suffered spontaneous pneumothorax. His yawn and stretch had caused his lung to collapse!
That's insane! He yawned so hard his lung tore a little and the small hole let air into his chest cavity.
That air built up in his chest cavity and put pressure on his lung to the point where it couldn't inflate anymore.
It's something that happens to tall, thin people and is relatively common.
The hospital actually had to treat another man for the same condition that very day.
We're glad the man was okay and got the help he needed but now we're afraid to yawn and stretch ever again. LOLz!
[Image via AP Images.]
Tags: chinese, collapse, condition, crazy, health, hospital, injury, lung, lung collapse, lungs, sick, terrifying