This is SO sad!
People all over the world are afflicted by the same bad habit: nail biting!
And if you think it can’t actually hurt you, think again!
UK man John Gardener bit his nails until they were so short that they bled. Then, they turned septic, and he died of a resulting heart attack, after two weeks of hospital treatment.
The even sadder part is that the amateur soccer ref had just turned 40 years old days before!
Apparently, John’s biting had gotten so bad over the years that he had lost almost all of the feeling in his fingertips, so he didn’t even realize just how bad the pain was!
In addition to the sepsis, John also battled anxiety, depression, and diabetes. His family is naturally super upset, and his mom, Jean Gardener, said:
“It was such a tragedy, we’re all in shock… It’s really hit our family hard, there could’ve been more done to help him. I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else’s son - it’s just devastating."
It’s been determined that the hospital gave John top-notch care, it’s just something totally tragic that could have been avoided.
So, for all of you nail biters, it may be time to really work on giving up this habit!
Tags: anglophilia, biting nails, body, death, health, jean gardener, john gardener, rip, sad sad, sepsis