We all know that miso soup is warm and tasty and we want it in our bellies right now! But did you know it could also potentially save your life??
Don't believe us? Just ask Joy Gardner, whose Hawaiian home recently caught fire in the middle of the night due to an electrical short in her laundry room!
Luckily, the crackle of the flames woke up her son Reuben Prensky who made his way to the kitchen and looked for the closest thing he could find to extinguish the fire, and he just so happened to find a pot filled with miso soup he left out the night before!
He quickly doused the fire with the soup, and while it didn't put it out completely, it subdued it long enough for him to grab a hose and save the rest of their home!
The fire still ended up causing about $10,000 in damages, but experts say if it had gone on for just 30 seconds longer the whole HOUSE could have come down!!
Thank goodness for miso soup!
Tags: amazing, fire, flames, food, hawaii, home, house, joy gardner, miso soup, pot, reuben prensky, scary, tacky and true, wacky