This is so ridiculous.
A Romanian man got a fork stuck in this throat after his friends didn't believe he was super tough - so he swallowed a fork just to prove how much of a tough guy he was.
Oh and he was drunk, obviously!
Radu Calincescu, a 25-year-old, went to the doctors to complain he had an uncomfortable feeling when he swallowed.
He didn't mention the fact that a fork was lodged in his throat.
When the docs finally x-rayed him, they found the metal fork stuck in his esophagus. It wasn't until doctors questioned him and confronted him with his x-rays that he finally admitted to swallowing the utensil.
So what did the docs do? Radu said:
"I was discharged and told I should wait and see if the fork will take its natural course and make its way through my body and leave the natural way. But I have to come back in a few days to see if the fork has moved. If it reaches my stomach and looks like it could pierce the lining I will need an operation. I realize now it was a very stupid thing to do. I don't think I will be taking part in any bets for a while."
Um, yeah, we think that's a pretty good idea too. Passing it the "natural way" sounds like a painful, scrapey, death sentence.
These docs are totally teaching him a lesson by not treating him immediately — but we feel like it's their job to treat him, not judge!
Plus, what if there's a complication and he dies? They're playing a dangerous game but hey that's what you get for swallowing a fork.
Tags: bet, danger, dangerous, doctor, doctors, etc., food, fork, funny, game, health, man, operation, romanian, stomach, stuck, stupid, surgery, throat, uncomfortable