It looks like the mystery surrounding the tragic and unexpected death of Peaches Geldof has finally been solved.
According to sources familiar with Thursday's inquest, the 25-year-old's death was the result of an overdose on heroin.
Ugh. That's just so shocking and sad, especially considering Peaches' mother Paula Yates overdosed on heroin and died in 2000.
In case you already blocked the bad memories out of your head, the starlet was found unresponsive inside of her London home earlier this month with her 11-month-old son still by her side. While an autopsy was conducted days after her death, those results were for some reason inconclusive.
We aren't sure what new evidence came to light showing that heroin was indeed responsible for her unfortunate passing, but our deepest sympathies continue to go out to all those affected by her death.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: anglophilia, autopsy, drugs, heroin, heroin overdose, london, overdose, peaches geldof, r.i.p., sad sad